You have not viewed any products recently.
The HeART of a Child
Graphic figures are the child’s expressive vocabulary.
Numerous drawings demonstrate how the children enter the parables message and how it resounds within the; the most apparent effect they derive from it is a serene peace, which is why they exclaim: ’With the Good Shepherd everything is fine‘, why they pray: ’You are good because you guide us with goodness‘. ”
CGSUSA is happy to present this traveling lecture series and art exhibit that displays the artwork of the child to thematically spotlight the meeting between the mystery of God and the mystery of the child.
"Thank you for the wonderful tHeART of the Child exhibit. It was well done. What struck me is the way that God speaks to children; and then, how through the children, He speaks to us. They awaken us to the mystery of God’s presence and love in refreshing ways. The art itself has a freshness to it; many of us who don’t work daily with children appreciate the help of you or others to help us see all that is there." Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted
A greeting from our Board Member, Patti Franz.
The purpose of these exhibits is:
1) to deepen our understanding of the child's relationship with God
2) to share what we are learning from the child with adults in and beyond the Church
3) to broaden the CGSUSA constituency base for the purposes of increasing financial support beyond the catechist community
The art exhibits and lectures are created and offered by CGSUSA. The format within which these are made available and the subsequent planning efforts, will be determined in collaboration with specific regional hosts.
A Committee is forming...
A committee is being formed to explore and recommend how CGSUSA might implement this new venture. Here are some of the gifts we are looking for in our committee members. If you can help with any of these (see below), please contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An understanding of the mission and culture of CGSUSA and/or heart for children and an interest in advancing a dialog in our society about a child's spirituality
- Event planning experience
- Graphic Art and/or industrial design background
- Familiarity with computer and Ipad apps
- Digital or media design
- Interest in marketing and PR
- Archivists, curators, and conservators