To assist the involvement of children and adults in a common religious experience in which the religious values of childhood, primarily those values of contemplation and enjoyment of God, are predominant.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to support catechists, parents, and others in the Church and beyond, as they grow in their understanding of the religious potential of children.
- The United States Association will work to make the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and the writings of Sofia Cavalletti and Gianna Gobbi accessible to all.
- Recognizing the need for clear and available communications, the National Association will avail itself of written, voice and visual electronic media to maintain contact with catechists and others.
- The United States Association will provide formation in accord with the work of Sofia Cavalletti and Gianna Gobbi, through the provision of a discernment process and training for formation leaders, offering regular retreats and conferences and the use of approved formation leader’s handbooks.
- In addition to current sites, courses in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd will be held in colleges, universities and seminaries across the United States.
- The United States Association will support the work of the International Council and work in harmony with it.
- Materials changes and new materials as recommended by the International Council will be translated and distributed to formation leaders and catechists through the National Association.
- The Association will provide a manual at each level with accurate and most excellent plans and schematics for constructing atrium materials.
- Regional groups will be encouraged in every part of the nation.
- The United States Association will establish and maintain links with diocese and denominations represented by the membership and other formation and educational groups.
- The United States Association will provide help and resources to assist catechists in adapting this work to the liturgy of their denominations.
- The United States Association will establish and maintain historical archives of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, making them accessible to members.