The National Association of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGSUSA) offers this page as a resource to its members who are seeking candidates for positions (paid or volunteer) in support of their work in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. Information posted has been provided by the named individual and/or church, school or organization. CGSUSA neither endorses any organization or information posted nor assumes any liability for services offered or obtained as a result of any posting. Postings will be removed after 90 days if not renewed by the original poster.
Catechist for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
Catechist for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd
All Saints Catholic Church and School
19795 Holyoke Ave.,
Lakeville, MN 55044
Reports to the Pre-School Director
Receives work direction from thePre-School Director and Director of Early Childhood Formation
FLSA – Non-exempt, hourly
22-24 hours/month, October to May
Schedule includes3 morning and 3 afternoon atrium sessions for 14-15 weeks. Sessions are Mon., Tues, and/or Weds approximately twice a month.
Benefits eligible -None
Last revision on 7/15/19
Job Purpose: Supports the ministry of the pastor and vision of the parish and school by providing catechesis in a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd atrium for children in our parish pre-school and school.
Statement on Working for the Catholic Church: Employment in and by the Catholic Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected that all employees respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.Your employment shall be subject to and benefit from the policies and procedures as outlined in the All Saints Catholic Church and School Employee Handbook, or as thereafter amended. These policies are considered the basic terms and conditions of employment and supersede and cancel anything which may be inconsistent with such policies. This includes, but is not limited to, the policies and procedures of the Office of Protection of Children and Youth. Unless otherwise specified herein, you agree that you are not an employee of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
- Catechetical Responsibilities:
- Assist with set up and clean up for pre-school and school sessions
- Teach sessions of Level I CGS as assigned on the schedule.
- Provide support to other catechists and assistants.
- Communication Responsibilities:
- Classroom teacher: Information regarding individual child and/or information to be communicated with parent
- Program Director:Information and/or questionsregarding program and/or progress of children.
- Supervisor:Information and/or questions related to schedule and/or employment
- General Responsibilities:
- Stay current with CGS training. Attend training provided by the parish as requested.
- Serve as a model of faith exercising appropriate boundaries in providing pastoral care and outreach to children and families served in this ministry.
- Serve as a resource on matters associated with assigned ministry areas.
- Collaborate withothers to advance the mission of the parish and school.
*To be present where needed, ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
*Organize, prepare and maintain files and information. Organize reports and records. Make them available for convenient reference.
*Maintain and improve work knowledge and skills such as understanding requirements and work procedures, purpose of work completed, computer use and general building management.
*Meet all communication requirementsincluding interpersonal skills with parish and school employees as well as visitors, guests, school families, and parishioners. Includes keeping superiors and appropriate others informed.
*Help create a productive environmentwhere there is harmony, good morale, and cooperative teamwork. Monitor self-productivity and take corrective action as appropriate.
*Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality of all work data.
*Other Responsibilities: includes other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by pastor.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training (minimum Level 1 completed)
- One year of experience in an Atrium.
- Demonstrated ability to manage student behavior within the program methodology.
- Abilitytosatisfactorilypassacriminalbackgroundcheck and meet youth protection requirements of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
Requirements of Position
- Ability catechize young children in a safe, faithful, and caring environment.
- High level of organizational communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated educator who welcomes feedback, asks for assistance, and values collaboration.
- Demonstrates confidentiality, integrity, and honesty.
- Ability to follow all guidelines of the parish Personnel Policy Handbook.
- Provide physical supervision to students assigned to their care.
- Able to speak and hear.
- Lift and move using proper techniques up to 10 pounds.
Ability to bend, lift, and kneel and/or sit on the floor during instruction.
If you have questions, please contact Susan Spiegelberg
Coordinator of Elementary Faith Formation
Coordinator of Elementary Faith Formation
St. Cecilia Parish
2900 Hoover Ave
Ames, IA 50010
Full-Time, 12 Month
Overview Looking to put your ministry skills to use for the mission of the Church? St. Cecilia Parish is looking for someone like you to join our team. Your passion and skills will drive children’s formation and evangelization. Who We Are We are a Catholic parish passionate about faith formation and evangelization. We are process-driven, not program-driven. We believe that the surest way to advance the Gospel is through one-on-one, intentional relationships and we seek to be a center of formation for the laity so that they are empowered to do the work of evangelization in the world.
Your Typical Day Here Children’s Formation • Oversee classroom faith formation for Pre-Kinder through 5th grade as well as our Montessori-based Catechesis of the Good Shepherd program. • Recruit and manage a volunteer staff of 30+ catechists and assistants. • Plan and execute First Communion preparation. Evangelization • Foster a culture of prayer for children in the classroom as well as catechists. • Nurture intentional relationships through frequent one-on-one meetings at coffee shops and restaurants with catechists, volunteers, and parents in the parish. • Provide coaching and other opportunities for continued formation and growth to catechists and parents.
What You Need We are looking for a proactive and results-oriented individual with the following attributes: Commitment – Deeply passionate about the mission of the parish to draw people into a deeper encounter with Jesus through prayer and to share that encounter with others through the apostolate of evangelization. Coachability – We want to grow in holiness and are continually looking for ways to improve, seek out best practices, and add value to the organization and those whom we serve. Awareness – Our work relies on developing healthy, constructive relationships with fellow team members, staff, and parishioners. True awareness of self and others allows us to nurture these relationships and work together to harmoniously achieve our mission.
In addition – • Eager to monitor personal key metrics in order to identify best practices and sustain high performance standards. • High emotional intelligence. • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to multi-task, detail oriented. • Ability to be agile and adjust to ever changing priorities and conditions. • Independent self-starter, willing to “go the extra mile” in all that you do.
What We Have To Offer • Competitive compensation • Cost-shared health benefits • Discounted tuition (PreK-5th grade school) • A fun working environment • Perpetual Adoration Position reports to the Director of Faith Formation.
To Apply Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your philosophy of ministry to Katie Patrizio, Director of Faith Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send both the resume and cover letter as a single PDF document, cover letter first. Please also send two letters of reference to either the above email address or by mail to: St. Cecilia Church Attn: Katie Patrizio 2900 Hoover Ave Ames, IA 50010
We will evaluate applications on a rolling basis so if interested, please submit materials as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, contact Katie Patrizio at email@example.com
Our St. Francis Xavier College Church, St. Louis, MO
We, the members of St. Francis Xavier College Church, form a welcoming Jesuit parish community. As followers of Jesus Christ, we praise God, love our neighbors as ourselves, celebrate liturgy and the sacraments, engage in lifelong formation and proclaim God’s reign of justice, mercy and peace.
In support of this mission, The Director of Youth Faith Formation oversees the religious formation of the children in the parish and supports parish family life informed by our identity and values as a Jesuit parish in the City of St. Louis. This position is full-time with health benefits.
Core Values of our Program:
Our primary goal is to help our students fall in love with God. There are two spiritual components within our program that support our students in building that relationship.
- We use many elements of Ignatian Spirituality with an emphasis on God’s love for us and on service to others informed by Catholic Social Teaching.
- Within the framework of Ignatian spirituality we offer a classic Religious Education model along with the Catechesis of the Good Shephard, a Montessori-based formation program.
We also aspire to help students recognize, celebrate, and engage with the racial and ethnic diversity of our region and our religious leaders, past and present.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Religious Education program at the College Church, including recruitment and retention of families and children, recruitment and retention of an all-volunteer teaching team, staffing, curriculum design and development, training and on-going teacher support and formation. (50% of Position)
- Weekly Sunday Religious Education classes for children from pre-school through eighth grade;
- The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Atria Program for children from pre-school through sixth grade;
- Weekly Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 10:30 a.m. Sunday Liturgy;
- The Children’s Nursery during the 10:30 a.m. Sunday Liturgy;
- A vibrant Youth Ministry program for Eighth Grade and High School students;
- On-going and consistent digital, print, and personal communication with RE Parents and Families.
- In collaboration with the Pastor and the Director of Liturgy, lead and manage all sacramental preparation and special liturgies for the College Church RE Program (20% of Position)
- All sacramental preparation including designing and managing the liturgies and celebrations for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation;
- All special family liturgies including the Christmas Eve Family Mass, the Christmas Eve Tableau, Easter Sunday 10:30 Liturgy; and the RE Closing Mass / May Crowning.
- Lead RCIC instruction for children in preparation for Baptism.
- Plan, manage and help staff all Service opportunities for students and families to live out Gospel values (15% of position).
- In collaboration with the Youth Faith Commission, provide administrative support and consultation for RE Family Life programs, special events, and initiatives (10% of Position).
- Developing and supporting the Youth Faith Commission;
- Supporting the RE Family Mass and Picnic;
- Supporting the RE Pancake Breakfast;
- Guiding, collaborating, and supporting efforts to provide on-going formation and faith development for parents and families.
- Continue to explore opportunities to further integrate the RE and Atria children, parents, and families into the broader life of the parish (5% of Position).
Critical Skills and Expertise:
- An understanding and/or appreciation of Ignatian spirituality and Catechesis of the Good Shephard and an eagerness to deliver Catholic Religious Education within the context of the St. Francis Xavier College Church environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding project and program management skills in a complex environment;
- Experience with recruiting, training and managing teams with a particular focus on managing teams of volunteers;
- Outstanding communication and relationship-building skills;
- Highly self-directed; excellent problem-solving skills; creative, flexible, dynamic.
- Experience with and a love of working with and on behalf of children.
Required Experience and Education:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated project or program management experience in a parish, religious, educational; non-profit, or for-profit setting;
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 3, 2019.
Seton Academy, Villa Park, IL
Seton Academy, a small Catholic, Montessori School for children aged three to twelve in Villa Park, Illinois seeks a substitute directress for a Lower Elementary class for six to nine-year-olds, with the full time position opening in the Fall of 2019 or sooner. Located in a quiet neighborhood, Seton Academy boasts large, airy classrooms, dedicated parents and a pleasant work atmosphere. Experience teaching the Roman Catholic Faith and/or Catechesis of the Good Shepherd desirable. Montessori certificate or willingness to be sponsored for training.
Please contact Mary C. Thornton at 630.279.4101 or at email@example.com.
350 N. Westmore Ave.
Villa Park, IL 60181
Siena Academy, Great Falls, VA
Siena Academy is a small Catholic Montessori School in Great Falls, Virginia. The ideal candidate must be a faith-filled, practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to the Catholic philosophy of Montessori education and experienced in the Montessori method. Applicants must possess educational, managerial, communication and leadership skills.
The start date for the position is July 1, 2019.
To apply, please complete the application process outlined on the Office of Catholic Schools website https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/Catholic-Schools/ Careers/
For more information, email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Lady of Joy Preschool, Scottsdale, AZ
Our Lady of Joy Preschool is hiring for the position of Level 1 Catechist for the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Program. This position requires applicant to have training in the CGS and proper documentation of fingerprinting. Our beautiful Atrium is extremely well equiped with all centers, presentations, supplies and appropriate instructional needs.
This position is hourly and flexible. We are looking for a great team member to teach our Atrium classes either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Atrium classes are held in the morning between the hours of 9:10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Schedule is flexible. OLOJ Preschool is an amazing school community and we are looking for a self motivated educator to join our team.
Please contact Director of Preschool Mrs. Jessica Snook at 480-346-3059 for further questions.
This position is hourly and flexible. We are looking for a great team member to teach our Atrium classes either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Atrium classes are held in the morning between
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Catechist, School, Mesa, AZ
St. Timothy Catholic Church in Mesa, AZ is seeking to hire a full-time Catechist for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. This position will serve children at our K – 8 Catholic School in all three levels. (requires some nights and weekends). The successful candidate will be certified in all three levels of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, must be an active member of a Roman Catholic Parish and in good standing with the Church. Requires the ability to work independently, be a self-starter, and be comfortable working in a team environment. They will be motivated to provide and maintain peaceful environments the embrace both CGS and Montessori principles.
Position requires a HS diploma. 3 years of experience working in the atrium as a catechist is preferred, as well as catechist certification from the Diocese of Phoenix.
Applicant must comply with Diocese of Phoenix requirements including Safe Environment Training. Complete job description available at the Parish office, 1730 W. Guadalupe Rd., Mesa, AZ 85202 or at www.sttimothymesa.org. Submit cover letter and resume to Debbi Mesa Dmesa@sttimothymesa.org.
Coordinator for the Office of Natural Family Planning
Purpose and Scope: